Monday, November 2, 2009

New Chapter...new goals

These last several weeks have been a whirlwind. I have completed the Marine Corp Marathon, my first in 12 years, started my 5th decade on this earth, and celebrated 8 wonderful years with my husband, all this along with regular life.

The Marine Corp Marathon gave me the opportunity to grasp a challenge and not let go until it was complete. Not finishing was not an option. Completing it meant more than just finishing, it meant I was able to start something, take it to the next level, and finish it. It is very much like life. Like taking control of your health and well-being. Just give it your all and do the best you can. It's remembering progress, not perfection. Small steps will lead to big and better things.

Turning 40 means that a new chapter in my life is about to begin. It will be full of challenges and tough times as well good things and special times. It will be in how I chose to deal with them that will make everything fall into place. Life is never easy, but how you deal with it, how you handle it is what will make the difference. And when you have a soul mate that you cherish, it only makes things easier.

I am very excited about my future, and more than willing to learn from my past and set new goals and face new challenges based on what I have done, haven't done and will/can do for the future.

All the Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment