It's the beginning of a new year and people are trying to find the easiest way to live a healthier lifestyle. Making exercise and a healthy diet a regular part of your daily routine is the best way to be fit, healthy and happy, but here are some other tips for you to follow:
1) Remove soda and other sugar-laden drinks from your diet, period.
2) Always eat breakfast.
3) Drink plenty of water.
4) If you drink alcohol, try to drink only on the weekends, and use moderation.
5) Use olive oil rather than butter when eating and cooking.
6) Chew your food slowly.
7) Sit down when you eat.
8) Choose dairy products that are fat free or have 1% fat in them.
9) Replace your regular dishes with smaller ones, like salad plates
10) When at a restaurant, always ask for your salad dressing on the side
11) When at a restaurant, lean towards dishes that are grilled, broiled, steamed or baked.
12) When eating out, don't feel you need to clean your plate, in fact ask the server to bring half of your meal and put the other half in a doggie bag to take home.
Here's to a healthy and happy 2010!